I write columns on news related to bots, specially in the categories of Artificial Intelligence, bot startup, bot funding.I am also interested in recent developments in the fields of data science, machine learning and natural language processing ...Full Bio
I write columns on news related to bots, specially in the categories of Artificial Intelligence, bot startup, bot funding.I am also interested in recent developments in the fields of data science, machine learning and natural language processing
Humans have some learning to do in an A.I. led world
741 days ago
The Media Today Curbing Twitter bots is crucial to fighting misinformation study suggests
- PerimeterX, a cybersecurity company, raised $23 million to discover and fight bots online, reports Fortune.
- Meanwhile, Twitter says it is having success on the online harassment front, both in stopping abusive users and hiding abuse from its targets. But, as The Verge points out, Twitter isnt yet providing real data to back it up.
- Fake news cousin is fake ads, which trick companies into buying space on their ghost-town websites, among other ways. Google has been quietly investigating how bad the problem is, and testing a potential solution.
- Are big tech companies to blame for the decline of workers share of national income, the rise of inequality, the decrease in business startups, the dearth of job creation, and the fall in research and development spending asks Bloombergs Paula Dwyer.
- Vice has an excerpt from Nobel Laureate Svetlana Alexievichs new book on the forgotten role of female soldiers in WWII. The excerpt tells the story of a female sniper.
- In 2015, NBC fired Trump. By 2017, the media was his enemy. In The TV That Created Trump, The New Yorkers Emily Nussbaum rewatches The Apprentice.
- Journalist Katherine Boo has 15 rules for narrative nonfiction at Nieman Storyboard. Rule #13:Even if I am telling urgent stories, I can still experiment with form and make it a creative process.
- ICYMI: Last week Thomas Frank wrote a fiery take in The Guardian on the medias war with Trump. Frank condemns the homogeneity of the press, calling it not liberal but privileged.
- For laughs, CJRs Meg Dalton came across People of Local News, a Tumblr that collects screenshots of TV news chyrons and the people featured with them.