Today's Technology-Data Science
140 days ago
How to build effective machine learning models?
140 days ago
IoT-Advantages, Disadvantages, and Future
141 days ago
PHP is known to be the best for building web applications. WHY?
- PHP is an open source language, there is a huge pool of PHP programmers who work on improving it, and has a wide support base for new and old developers alike. It is also much cheaper to code in PHP.
- Like C++, SmallTalk, it is object-oriented with several libraries for various functions.
- You can build large applications with much less code compared to other languages. PHP is also simpler and easier to learn.
- It is not browser specific, thus developers need not work around any hardcoded browser-specific coding. Same with different platforms and Operating Systems (OS). Code written in PHP can be very easily ported from one platform or OS to the other.
- PHP has built-in Zend scripting engine that enables it to run scripts faster in comparison to other languages.
- It is designed to build dynamic web applications.
- Easy integration to back end Database like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Easy embedding of HTML code in PHP pages, to make them more user-friendly, with better formatting.
- Apart from full-fledged applications written in PHP, there are also hugely popular websites like Facebook, Wikipedia, and Digg that use PHP for coding the user interface.
- Ultimately, the decision to build web applications in PHP is more or less driven by the cost incurred and the ease of development and maintenance.