Build APIs You Won't Hate: Everyone and their dog wants an API, so you should probably learn how to build them Paperback -August 12, 2015, by Phil Sturgeon
You might think more than enough design books exist in the programming world already. In fact, there are so many that it makes sense to ask why you would read yet another. Is there really a need for yet another design book? In fact, there is a greater need than ever before, and Practical API Design: Confessions of a Java Framework Architect fills that need!
- Teaches you how to write an API that will stand the test of time
- Written by the designer of the NetBeans API at Sun Technologies
- Based on best practices, scalability, and API design patterns
Continuous API Management: Making the Right Decisions in an Evolving Landscape 1st Edition by Mehdi Medjaoui
A lot of work is required to release an API, but the effort doesn't always pay off. Overplanning before an API matures is a wasted investment, while under planning can lead to disaster. This practical guide provides maturity models for individual APIs and multi-API landscape to help you invest the right human and company resources for the right maturity level at the right time.
How do you balance the desire for agility and speed with the need for robust and scalable operations? Four experts from the API Academy show software architects, program directors, and product owners how to maximize the value of their APIs by managing them as products through a continuous life cycle.
- Learn which API decisions you need to govern and how and where to do so
- Design, deploy and manage APIs using an API-as-a-product (AaaP) approach
- Examine ten pillars that form the foundation of API product work
- Learn how the continuous improvement model governs changes throughout an API's lifetime
- Explore the five stages of a complete API product life cycle
- Delve into team roles needed to design, build, and maintain your APIs
- Learn how to manage your API landscape the set of APIs published by your organization
This book will provide a brief background on REST and the tools it provides (well known and not so well known). Understand how there is more to REST than just JSON and URLs. You will then cover and compare the maintained modules currently available in the npm community, including Express, Restify, Vatican, and Swagger. Finally, you will code an example API from start to finish, using a subset of the tools covered.
The Node community is currently flooded with modules; some of them are published once and never updated again - cluttering the entire universe of packages. Pro REST API Development with Node.js shines light into that black hole of modules for the developers trying to create an API. Understand REST API development with Node.js using this book today.
Advanced API Security: Securing APIs with OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, JWS, and JWE 1st ed. Edition by Prabath Siriwardena
API adoption in both consumer and enterprises has gone beyond predictions. It has become the 'coolest' way of exposing business functionalities to the outside world. Both your public and private APIs, need to be protected, monitored and managed. Security is not an afterthought, but API security has evolved a lot in the last five years. The growth of standards, out there, has been exponential.
That's where AdvancedAPI Security comes in-to wade through the weeds and help you keep the bad guys away while realizing the internal and external benefits of developing APIs for your services. Our expert author guides you through the maze of options and shares industry-leading best practices in designing APIs for rock-solid security. The book will explain, in depth, securing APIs from quite traditional HTTP Basic Authentication to OAuth 2.0 and the standards built around it.
Build APIs with rock-solid security today with Advanced API Security.
- Takes you through the best practices in designing APIs for rock-solid security.
- Provides an in-depth tutorial of most widely adopted security standards for API security.
- Teaches you how to compare and contrast different security standards/protocols to find out what suits your business needs the best.