Short DescriptionAmerican Express is hiring a Big Data Support Engineer who can Collaborate with other software engineering teams, design team, product owners and managers, and business stakeholders.
- There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here's just some of what you'll be doing:
- As a part of our team, you will be developing innovative, high quality, and robust operational engineering capabilities.
- Working to triage outages & defects and resolve them within established SLA's
- Work with Application Developers and Solution Architects to identify areas to improve operational and supportability model as part of continuous improvement and maturing Cornerstone Production Operation function
- Implement monitoring and alerting solutions to provide insight into overall platform health
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders and users on issue status and resolution
- Lead and mentor team members across our Operations Team by delegating routine and project tasks
- Collaborate with other software engineering teams, design team, product owners and managers, and business stakeholders.
- Develop software in our technology stack which is constantly evolving but currently includes Python, Spark , Unix Shell Script, Tableau, Java Script etc.
- Education- Bachelor or Masters' Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4 to 14 years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in Big Data technologies
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
- Strong programming knowledge in Java/Python
- Experience working on any Hadoop distribution, such as Mapr, Cloudera, Hortonworks and have at least coded in Hive, Java M/R, Spark, SQL & No SQL databases for 2 years or more, will be an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patterns will be an added advantage
- Strong experience with UNIX / Shell / Python scripting
- Understanding of different Algorithms & Machine Learning techniques (Neural Network, Deep Learning, Supervised & Unsupervised, Regression, Classification) and their application in batch/real-time will be an added advantage
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Implementation or working experience of Continuous Integration and Continues Delivery using tools and automation capabilities such as JUnit, Mocking, TestNG, Jenkins, Git, Stash and Jira
- Experience in Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Dockerization, etc) , will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team player with the ability to work with a global team
Big Data Support Engineer