Advertising is one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon, empowering Amazon Sellers, Vendors, Authors, and Publishers to boost their product reach and sales through performance and display advertising. The Iron Mountain platform is an enabler for SSPA's worldwide rapid growth and offers a singular platform to manage all of the advertisers billing, invoicing, accounting automation, budgets, promotions, payments, and Billing Advertiser Experience(AX) in real-time while being transparent and audit-able from the ground-up. As a part of this high-energy, entrepreneurial team you will get an opportunity to innovate on solutions that control the very levers of our advertisers' experience and have the satisfaction of seeing your work impacting multiple advertising business and bring in multi-million transactions worth 100x in dollar value on a daily basis. This platform owns these mandates for worldwide advertising and for all ad products displayed On or Off Amazon.
The Iron Mountain team is looking for a Software Engineer to participate in building a global, scalable, extensible, and secure platform that singularly manages the Sourcing/Storage/Supply/aggregating/processing/reporting of billions of clicks and impressions across multiple Iron Mountain services. This platform has to be capable of interacting with different ad serving platforms, seamlessly store the incoming clicks and impressions for the broad variety of Advertisement programs with no loss in information, and provide the events to downstream Iron Mountain services with the ability to replay/drive the events from any point in the past to support recovery. This platform has to guarantee a sourcing-storage-supply SLA of sub-milliseconds to ensure that real-time budgeting SLAs are not impacted. To build this platform you will need to be well versed with high-performance architecture, distributed data processing, and storage technologies.
Key Technical Challenges:
Distributed and Scalable Architecture: Looking at advertising international expansion and business growth plans for next year, we expect this traffic to grow 10X in the near future. Billing and Budgeting system should be easily scalable to manage the exponential increase in traffic and extensible to support different business needs.
High Availability: Downtime of Billing and Budgeting system can cause a huge loss in revenue and loss of business opportunity for our advertisers. High Availability architecture is to make sure that the system is configured to handle different loads and different failures with minimal or no downtime.
Precision: Every click or impression needs to be counted, accounted, invoiced, and charged in near real-time, without any exception. It impacts both revenue and regulatory compliance. We need to build generic and extensible reconcilers for any anomaly detection and raising an appropriate alarm.
- Own what you and your team create.
- Serve as a technical lead on a project of varying complexities.
- Execute quality solutions in tandem with business and project management teams.
- Strive for 100% efficiency by constantly automating newer processes and demands.
- Broaden your technical expertise to be able to refine existing frameworks and build newer ones.
The fast-growing Iron Mountain team today has members across Bangalore, Seattle, and New York, and as the advertising, business is truly global in spirit!
What is Performance Advertising?
Performance Advertising is a set of tools offered to advertisers - sellers, vendors, authors, publishers, and more - to increase the visibility of their products and services on Amazon, using Cost-per-click (CPC) and Cost-per-impression (CPM) programs. At the scale of Amazon, it is extremely important for our advertisers to have the right set of controls to create and boost their advertising presence to gain customers and create long term value.
- Bachelors (BS/BE) or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development and full product life-cycles
- Practical knowledge of data structures and complex algorithms with equivalent development skills to match
- Proficiency in Java or equivalent object-oriented languages, coupled with design and SOA
- Sharp problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Ability to design for performance, scalability, and availability
- Demonstrated experience in SQL and data modeling skills
- Proficiency with at least one of Perl/Python/Ruby/Shell Script languages
- Advanced Degree (MS/ME/PhD) in computer science or related discipline or 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in Machine learning
- Knowledge of Web protocols like HTTP, REST, AJAX
- Familiarity with Pay for performance Ad model and the Internet advertisement industry
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Spring MVC, jQuery
- Experience with Amazon Web Services