Short DescriptionBarclays is looking for a System Engineer who can Ensure that post-production quality is complete and accurate.
- Support Data Ops. Team Lead in driving the strategy and direction of the group, and its role in the Customer Delivery department, as well as engaging with key business leads to ensure business objectives are being prioritized and supported within the group.
- Provide delivery of campaign tasks on schedule or have honest assessment/ reasoning for delays to project sponsors of the likelihood of a project request advancing on schedule.
- Assess and communicate risks with Departmental Leadership to ensure that project goals and objectives are being met.
- Ensure that post-production quality is complete and accurate.
- Ensure a thorough understanding and implementation of operations, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain processes that feed data from various vendors within Innova's data platform, ensuring data quality and process efficiency
- Troubleshoot data issues including optimizing SQL, ETL jobs, and analytic models
- Drive the Release cycle of our internal data products, utilizing automation to ensure high-quality code and accelerate the pace of development
- Collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders to deploy new schema, code, and analytic models into complex and mission-critical production systems; select the right tool(s) for the job and make it work in production
- Promote a culture of self-serve data analytics by minimizing technical barriers to data access and understanding
- Bring relentless focus on automation all around and stay current with the latest research and technology and communicate your knowledge
- Minimum Years + SAS Development experience required, with a background in SQL or equivalent programming language and UNIX operating systems
- Working Knowledge in Python, Unix Shell scripting
- Advanced experience with data analytics concepts, data warehouses, metrics, and KPIs
- Background in Enterprise level relational databases such as Terra-Data, Oracle and Hadoop
- Experience managing or participating in technology and/or application development environments
- Direct working experience and/or expertise with
- TSYS Card Services Core processing system (or possess equivalent TSYS experience)
- Financial Services experience a plus.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires analytical and quantitative skills. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Highly motivated, energetic, extremely personable, comfortable working with others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Superior presentation and communications skills.