Short DescriptionExpedia is seeking Software Development Engineer who has the ability to work cross-functionally to resolve technical, procedural, and operational issues.
- Design and implement powerful, highly scalable, and reliable applications.
- Translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Interact with Program Managers and Test Engineers to contribute to and review functional specifications and test cases.
- Innovate and implement new ideas to solve complex software problems.
- Contribute to advancing the team's design methodology and quality programming practices.
- Proficient on Big Data platforms with Hadoop, Spark, hive or MapReduce paradigms.
- You must be proficient knowledge in one or more of the following languages: Java, Scala or any Object-Oriented Programming or functional language
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge in one or more of the following scripting language shell, Python or Perl
- experience using Database procedural languages (such as SQL or any rational DB)
- Exposure to ETL Development tools (such as Informatica, Teradata.)
- Exposure to NoSQL DB like HBase, Cassandra, Mongo dB, etc
- Knowledge of Kafka, spark Cassandra will be a plus
- You possess excellent collaboration skills with customers, including crisp and compelling verbal and written communication.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- You have the ability and desire to work in a rapidly changing environment and stay motivated and flexible.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to resolve technical, procedural, and operational issues.
- Experience and Qualifications:
- MS/M Tech/ME/BS/B Tech/BE degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years in data engineering technologies and/or a back-end reporting systems.
- Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Software Development Engineer
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.