Short DescriptionDell is hiring a Software Engineer who has strong collaboration skills with the ability to drive cross-functional teams forward and build consensus.
- We have a very advanced and consistent data layer object, ensuring high quality and consistent metrics and reducing dependency on URL parameters. This has been key to our success
- Once written, we participate in the IT release cycles, testing in development, then QA environments to ensure the new changes resulted in the required data
- Note we have about 7 CMS systems within Dell, plus many third party sites running our SiteCatalyst JavsScript, so we are constantly collaborating, updating and testing
- Diagnose data issues using various tools: browser plugins, fiddler, raw data pulls, scripts
- Debugging tools: Use various browser plugins and developer tools to see what metrics are being populated in the data layer, find the origin of issues via console errors, tag performance and whether some tags are causing conflicts with others.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Analytics, Target, Data Workbench is required. It is a plus if you have been an administrator of these tools.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Provide regular deep-dive training in one or more of our tools to enable the business to understand our data
- Must have a passion for Data! Data integrity validation including integrations between our tools
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to drive cross-functional teams forward and build consensus
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high growth global environment. Must be able to prioritize tasks based on customer impact and set stakeholder expectations accordingly.
- Proficient in code versioning tools TFS, GIT, etc.
- Experience working in Agile scrum teams
- Experience working with global teams.
- Global stakeholder experience