Short DescriptionHP Inc is looking for a Failure Analysis Engineer who can work with Global Supply Chain, Engineering, and Quality teams to implement product improvements to enhance the performance of future products.
- Perform failure analysis at the system and sub-system level (i.e., system board, power supply, hard drive, keyboard, etc.) to determine the root cause of system and components failures.
- Partner with suppliers, repair, and manufacturing partners to drive root cause, corrective actions, and implement preventative actions for HP notebook, desktop
- Lead collaborative efforts with customers, technical teams, and country teams to implement failure analysis programs that improve business results.
- Work with Global Supply Chain, Engineering, and Quality teams to implement product improvements to enhance the performance of future products.
- Implement failure analysis tools, test plans, and techniques for new and existing technologies.
- Establish and optimize failure analysis capabilities within the company and external to the company through relationships with 3rd parties and key suppliers.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall engineering leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities in India.
- Communicate key findings to key stakeholders, including executive management.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- Advanced knowledge in the field of PC hardware, diagnostics, failure analysis, and PC repair.
- Experience in issue reproduction, troubleshooting, and failure analysis.
- In-depth and hands-on experience in failure and root cause analysis of PC and PC subsystems (e.g., system boards, hard drive, etc.)
- Capable of defining and executing failure analysis test plans for PC systems.
- Familiar with the Eight Disciplines (8-D) problem-solving process.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with external suppliers to resolve issues.
- Ability to make critical decisions in fast-moving and high-pressure situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences, including senior management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
Failure Analysis Engineer