Short DescriptionAmerican Express is looking for a Full Stalk Engineer who can work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems.
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and builds automation tools for testing
- Performing hands-on software and strategy development, typically spending most of the time actually writing code, doing the proof of concepts, conducting code reviews, and testing in ongoing sprints
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Developing a deep understanding of integrations with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Working with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Manage your own time and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems
- Quickly generate and updating prototypes from UI concepts for testing and team feedback
- Experience in integrating with back-end services and functionality
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical disciplines
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Good understanding with Java applications design and development in an Enterprise setting using J2EE, Spring, or Python etc.
- Experience with Typescripts such as Angular or React
- Experience in Objected Oriented Analysis and Design across a variety of platforms
- Experience in creating and integrating with SOAP and REST-based Web Services.
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, and data structure fundamentals
- Experience with continuous integration and various testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, SOAP UI)
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
Full Stack Engineer