What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts, and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manages, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firms digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design and develop data ingest and transform processes
- Develop data visualizations using BI tools and web-based technologies
- Work as part of a global team using Agile software methodologies
- Partner with Marcus risk, product, acquisition and servicing teams
- Use Marcus data to drive change throughout the Marcus business
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Proficient at Python, Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Self-starter, motivated, and good communication skills Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion