Short DescriptionExpedia is seeking for Data Engineer who has experience in Hadoop-ecosystem technologies, in particular, MapReduce, Spark, Hive, YARN.
- You will design and implement large scale real-time & batch data pipelines on the AWS platform.
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with seniors and peers in crafting and implementing the technical vision of the team
- Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed cross-functional teams
- Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with peers and help unblock junior members of the team. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure
- Define, develop and maintain artifacts like the technical design or partner documentation
- Drive for continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team
- Participate in user story created in collaboration with the team
- Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Degree in software engineering, computer science, informatics or a similar field.
- 6-8+ years of relevant work experience in Big Data or distributed computing projects.
- 4+ year's experience in designing and implementing Big Data/ML applications (data ingestion, real-time data processing, and batch analytics) in Spark Streaming, Kafka, Hadoop.
- Solid server-side programming skills (Scala, Nodejs, or Java), and hands-on experience in OOAD, design patterns, and SQL.
- Strong experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, EMR, Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience with microservice architecture, and design.
- Experience on Hadoop-ecosystem technologies in particular MapReduce, Spark, Hive, YARN.
- Experience working on anyone distributed database system like Hadoop (Hive/HDFS), Qubole, Teradata, Redshift, or DB2.
- Preferred - Experience on machine learning toolkits like spark mllib, H20, sci-kit-learn, R and ML techniques.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Familiarity with the e-commerce or travel industry.
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.