Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Computer Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage, and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moores Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
The Systems Engineering team takes a key role in the development of software and hardware to validate, test, and characterize Xilinx's next generation FPGA families at the system level.
We are looking for a Systems design Engineer to work in the Systems Engineering team at the Xilinx Hyderabad office. The team focuses on silicon, post-silicon validation, triaging issues and debugging system level issues, and driving complex system level issues to a resolution together with design and verification team.
Responsible for pre-tape-out silicon validation using FPGA and Emulation platforms, post-silicon validation, SOC brings up using system level stress testing software, debugging, characterization and compliance testing of SOC products with low-power but high-performance multicore embedded ARM CPUs.
Some key expertise in some but not all of the below.
- FPGA based pre-tape-out SOC design validation and support for early software development
- Participation in the definition of reference boards and bring up of SOC
- Development of validation tests, ranging from directed tests for specific SOC blocks and IO interfaces to OS based system tests
- Postsilicon SOC brings up/debug/validation, performance and power characterization, high-speed interface characterization, and compliance testing
- Collaboration with SOC architect, design and verification teams, software development teams, and systems team
- Run regression tests using our system level verification tool
- Develop scripts to automate regression tests
- Execute test plans
- B.Tech/M.Tech Degree in Computer or Electronics Engineering (preferred)
- 510+ years of experience designing and developing embedded systems software
- Experience working with hardware engineers for HW/SW integration
- Programming languages: C, Assembly
- Good communication (verbal and written) and teamwork skills
- Experience and expertise with CPU (ARM v7 or x86), bus interface and protocols (AXI, AHB, etc.), high-speed interfaces (DDR2/3, PCIe, Ethernet, SD, USB,SATA etc.), and computer systems
- Experience with FPGA based prototyping and validation
- Experience with post-silicon validation, debug, performance and power characterization, high-speed interface characterization and compliance/interoperability
- Strong background in SOC troubleshooting, including hands-on experience with lab instruments and JTAG based debug systems including oscilloscopes, waveforms analyzer