Short DescriptionGracenote is hiring a Director of Engineering who can provide leadership and training to staff in architecture, agile management, and test-driven development.
- Significant opportunity to work with all pieces of the big data technology stack
- An open culture where fun, collaboration and happiness is key
- Profitable company, plus the stability and security of a larger parent company
- Fun activities were in media and entertainment business
- A work environment that promotes work/life balance
- Provide leadership and training to staff in architecture, agile management, and test-driven development.
- Interface and collaborate successfully with other engineering and business groups
- Provide development roadmaps and planning too
- Create and roll out best practice development standards
- Manage a portfolio of diverse technology projects that transform the velocity of business value delivery
- Hire and build out software development staff in multiple offices.
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent
- Lead software engineers developing an ingestion platform for terabytes of user events using a variety of tools such as.Net, Kafka, Hadoop, Java, etc
- Establish technical credibility across their internal teams and the external engineering community
- Lead and own technology definition and development for Gracenote products.
- Manage communications across global Engineering teams located in the US and LATAM.
- Be responsible and accountable for everything that is produced by your engineering teams.
- 12+ years experience managing development teams up to 10+ members
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Masters Degree or PhD in CS or related field is highly desired.
- Strong OOA/D architecture and development experience (APIs, Ingestion, etc)
- Strong functional programing language(s) experience.
- Strong data engineering experience including a deep understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases and technologies related to streaming data processing like Kafka, Spark, and Confluent.
- Strong team leadership and development experience.
- Strong track record of delivering software products on time and without critical bugs.
- Experience connecting and managing a global team.
- Experience in digital media technologies and software development
- Experience deploying complex, high volume, SaaS into production with revenue critical impact
- Experience with Amazon AWS EC2 and Platform Services
- Experience with Agile development (Scrum / Kanban)
- Experience with modern configuration management (chef, salt, ansible, puppet, terraform, atlas)
- Experience with environment configurations at network, OS and application levels
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Displays initiative and self-motivation
- Experience in building consumer-facing products Experience in working with sports data feeds from a variety of sources.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to travel for a portion of the time
- BS in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- Exposure to Apache Spark, Hadoop, and Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with modern CI/CD is plus (Maven, SBT, Gradle, Jenkins, gocd, Docker, Vagrant, Consul)
- Experience with data mining concepts, machine learning algorithms, and basic statistics
- Experience with developing Windows-based application is a plus
- Any exposure to managing cross functional/cross technical Applications
At its core, Gracenote helps connect people with the digital entertainment they love. We do this by offering the largest database for music, sports, movies and TV shows, and creating best in class services and technologies, all on a highly scalable platform.
Gracenote was acquired by Nielsen in 2017 and now has 1,800 employees working in more than 25 locations around the world including Los Angeles, Queensbury, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam, Munich, Mumbai, Sydney, Seoul and Tokyo. Our worldwide headquarters are in Emeryville, Calif. For more information, visit www.gracenote.com.