Short DescriptionBoeing is looking for Data Scientist-Machine Learning who can develop solutions for real world, large scale problems that positively impact people, products and services.
- Drive cutting edge analysis, research in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications.
- Develop solutions for real world, large scale problems that positively impact people, products and services.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype models iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop a comprehensive understanding of data structures and generate insights to increase current revenue margins and penetrate new business segments.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with engineers to identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements.
- Make business recommendations with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python and/or C, C++.
- Experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence).
- 2 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., as a statistician/data analyst/data scientist/computational biologist / bio-informatician).
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Octave, Julia, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- Knowledge of any cloud-based platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platformâ?¦.etc.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to teach others and learn new techniques.
- Contribution to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers at conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc.
Data Scientist-Machine Learning