Short DescriptionCisco is hiring Senior Machine Learning Engineer who can develop server-side web applications, REST APIs, and/or microservices.
- Assume ownership of current and future machine learning infrastructure. You'll be the first engineer in this role at Duo and will have an opportunity to make a large impact.
- Partner with data engineers and data scientists to build paved paths for machine learning, and deliver machine learning product features to the hands of millions of users at thousands of Duo customers.
- Evaluate, recommend, build, or drive adoption of tools and processes for a wide range of research and production use cases. Areas of work could include, for example, systems for research data access, for experiment tracking, or for scheduling and monitoring model training jobs in production.
- Develop tools and processes to enable reliable and performant access to data for research and product development, while ensuring security and privacy properties.
- Make improvements to our production machine learning pipeline.
- Enhance our experiment tracking tool and research infrastructure in general.
- Elicit and prioritize the infrastructure needs of the data science team.
- Significant experience in engineering software systems.
- Developed server-side web applications, REST APIs, and/or microservices
- A solid understanding of machine learning, in order to better understand and anticipate the teamâ??s needs.
- Programming skills in Python, or in languages like Go or Ruby.
- A penchant for working collaboratively within and across teams.
- The ability to clearly communicate your ideas.
- A commitment to quality and an eye for details.
- The agility to work in the rapid, unpredictable environment of a high-growth tech organization.
- Scala and Apache Spark experience.
- Worked with data pipelines or distributed message queues.
- Familiarity with Python 3 and Twisted.
- Experience running deployments at-scale in AWS or similar IaaS services.
- A passion for security and privacy.
- Partnered with data science teams in an engineering capacity in the past.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer