Short DescriptionUBER is looking for a Senior Manager who is passionate about helping the team grow by inspiring and mentoring engineers.
- Provide technical leadership to build, develop and scale Finance business systems for global business operations.
- Develop a strategy for data processing, data protection, and data visualization to handle mission-critical and sensitive business data that is core to Uber's success.
- Recruit key talents and leaders in Finance, accounting, ERP systems.
- Strong domain knowledge in Finance, operations and corporate finance practice to connect business with technologies.
- Mentor other leaders and build a strong culture of quality. Handle conflicts well and help build consensus.
- Manage large engineering groups through leaders and managers.
- Creative problem solver - Have an excellent understanding of business goals and able to identify and solve high impact, highly complex problems. Additionally, you are then able to effectively loop in other top engineers to help solve the problem.
- Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field. Masters/Ph.D. preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams.
- Managed through leaders and other managers.
- Track record of building mission-critical business applications and solutions.
- Experience with engineering design and operations of business applications, accounting, and finance services.
- Experience in Oracle Financial or equivalent accounting and finance services highly desired.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Passion for driving continual improvement initiatives on related business domains.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- Passionate about helping the team grow by inspiring and mentoring engineers.