Short DescriptionExpedia is hiring a System Engineer who can perform high-level system resource monitoring RAID utilization.
- Manage VMWare infrastructure including updating, performance tuning, capacity planning, and creation of policies.
- VMware System Administration to handle all day to day functionality including installation, upgrades.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ESXi 6.x and vSphere 6.x including Vcenter, High-availability architectures, vMotion, and Recovery Point
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines and Templates
- Creating Clusters for High Availability (HA) and Distributive Resource Scheduling (DRS)
- Configured Resource Pool, V Motion, Alerts, Alarms, NTP
- Migrate Physical Servers to Virtual Server using VMware Converter (P2V Converter)
- Performing Snapshots, Cloning, Cold Migrations, and Hot Migrations
- Monitoring of Virtual Machine's & ESX servers (CPU, Memory, Disk and Network Utilization) for Security
- Performance tuning of VMware servers, Virtual sessions, and management of server resources between Virtual Machines
- Root Cause & System Log Analysis and reporting.
- Moving VM's from one LUN to another LUN using Storage V-Motion.
- Experience with blade servers, SAN Storage, Fiber Channel, and Storage Architecture
- Experience with server hardware and Data Center Operations
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, and Linux/UNIX
- Working knowledge of IP networking, DNS, DHCP, and protocols
- Familiarity & working knowledge with Windows SCCM
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to analyze and isolate network and system specific issues to identify and resolve the root cause
- Perform high-level system resource monitoring (RAID utilization)
- Support statistics report generation.
- Experience on managing Cisco UCS Blade environment is plus
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.