Short DescriptionUber is seeking for Data Scientist who has experience in modeling and machine learning.
- Leverage data to develop analytical insights across all areas of our business to drive product development.
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions.
- Build production grade models on large-scale datasets to enhance product experience by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques.
- Leverage models to help areas such as understanding user behavior, predicting future performance, enhancing pickup/dropoff experiences, and shaping the future of core Rider product.
- Leverage large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and UberÔ??s proprietary machine learning platform, and more.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across discipline such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing.
- Present findings to senior management to strengthen business decisions.
- Translate data-driven learnings into actionable insights.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a data scientist at a company with global operations
- MS or Ph.D. in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or another quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- SQL skills and the ability to use tools such as Python, R to work efficiently at scale with large data sets
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods
- Experience in modeling and machine learning
- Working knowledge of big data technology (Spark, Presto, Hive) is a strong plus
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Superb communication and organization skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Passionate about Uber