Short DescriptionSAP is seeking for Data Engineering who has experience in building/operating systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
- This manager-level role is responsible for designing and executing on a comprehensive data management strategy to support the data insights team (data analysts, data scientists) as well as other teams within the R&D organization.
- Partner with internal customers to understand business needs and lead the development and deployment of analytic data products, such as dashboards, simulation tools, data marts, and analytic ready data sets to solve those needed solutions.
- Architect, design and operate a large-scale data analytics infrastructure in production that can power self-service platforms to enable cross-functional teams and the whole organization to be data-driven.
- Recommend and implement means to deliver a high standard for data coverage, reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Assist with the evaluation of new analytical techniques and data scientist tools such as model deployment, data science workbench, reporting, and automation tools.
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Experience in building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources leading to high-quality applications, data pipelines and analytics solutions that improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data.
- Direct experience with leading Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SAP HANA, etc.) and Analysis Tools (Tableau, ELK, Splunk, SAP Analytics Cloud).
- Proven track record of generating analytical outcomes and effectively communicating with both business and technical teams.
- 7+ Years of experience building/operating systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
- A highly motivated, detail-oriented, technical savvy, energetic leader who likes to think outside the box and wants to build and lead a team charged with building high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power our analytics platform and data pipelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
- Experience mentoring and managing other Data Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed.
- MBA or a Technical undergraduate degree.
- Experience with enterprise software such as HR/HCM processes or applications including HRIS, Goals and Performance Management, Succession, or other business applications such as CRM, ERP, or financial systems.