Short DescriptionPayPal is looking for Lead Software Engineer who has a solid understanding of algorithms and data structures, knowledge of object-oriented design, design Patterns and multi-threaded programming.
- Provides technical guidance for the team with limited guidance from the management.
- Spends most of the time designing systems while maintaining a substantial amount of time dedicated to hands-on implementation activities.
- Works closely with Architects and/or Other domain leads to develop, test large scale distributed systems.
- Produces a clear, well-documented code for product features. Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies.
- Has the ability to act as an SME in one/ more technical environments/technologies with the ability to define standards.
- Solid communication skills & proven team player.
- Bachelors / Masters in Computer Science with 8-10 years of experience in Software Development.
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures, knowledge of object-oriented design, Design Patterns and multi-threaded programming.
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills.
- Expertise using & managing Elasticsearch clusters with a specific focus on internals, performance, cluster administration.
- Hands-on coding Expertise in Java.
- Functional programming (any language) preferable.
- Experience working in Akka is a big Plus.
- Understanding and experience working on distributed systems.
- Experience working with Linux/Unix scripting & GIT.
- Good team player, able to effectively work across multiple teams on solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated and interested in delivering results, especially in the area of writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
Lead Software Engineer