Short DescriptionAmerican Express is looking for Data Engineer who has hands-on expertise with database design both ER Modeling and NoSQL Data Modeling using tools like ERStudio & Hackolade.
- Partner with the product teams to understand business data requirements, identify data.
- needs and data sources to create data architecture.
- Documents data requirements / data stories and maintains data models to ensure seamless integration into existing data architectures.
- Manages data assets as per the enterprise standards, guidelines and policies.
- Documents processing requirements inclusive of data and transaction volumes, scalability, security and performance requirements.
- Creates and maintains detailed information about the data being stored in the database
- Understands the database requirements and translate into physical database design.
- Follows data placement procedures and re-use of existing databases when possible.
- Builds and enhances database design and infrastructure required to support the Business portfolio.
- Performs database design review and supports database testing.
- Provides production environment support for database systems and processes.
- Communicates and works collaboratively with business and product teams to support changes and implementation.
- Write instructions to guide database operators during production runs.
- Work on assigned database features for ongoing sprints and manage database requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Partner with delivery architects and engineers to design optional data tier solutions to meet platform objectives and goals.
- Function as an active member if an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, components, and documentation).
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- 6+ years of data architecture and database development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Experience with design and development across EDB Postgres, Couchbase, Cassandra, Netezza, and Yellowbrick database platforms.
- A broader understanding of other Relational & NoSQL Database Technologies.
- Hands-on expertise with database design both ER Modeling and NoSQL Data Modeling using tools like ERStudio & Hackolade.
- Hands-on expertise in DB Performance Tuning, Query Optimization & Troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.