Short DescriptionExpedia is seeking for Machine Learning Engineer who will develop end-to-end ML data pipelines. Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using tools such as Hadoop Ecosystem, Apache Spark through scripting in Python, SQL, Hive etc.
- Develop web services and ETL pipeline components, to productize and evaluate machine learning models.
- Develop end-to-end ML data pipelines. Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using tools such as Hadoop Ecosystem, Apache Spark through scripting in Python, SQL, Hive etc.
- Write production code and collaborate with Product & Data Scientists to implement algorithms in production.
- Build tools that enable the team to unlock value via scalable processes and insights.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field required. A combination of education plus equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Exposure to software development experience building and operating ML services and platforms.
- Familiarity with frameworks such as MLlib, sci-kit-learn, H2O, Torch, TensorFlow, Theano, Caffe Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Pig, MapReduce technologies.
- Past history with Amazon Web Services a plus.
- Strong coding skills in at least one of major programming languages like Java, C/C++, Python.
- Comfortable writing and working with complex queries in SQL/Hive/Spark.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated personal initiative and strong ownership of deliverables.
- Ability to explore new ideas and have a passion to make them happen.
Machine Learning Engineer
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.