Short DescriptionGartner is seeking for Sr. Data Engineer - Python who has advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Java, C/C++ or C#.
- Establish methodologies for quickly rolling out new data analysis capabilities for standalone data-driven products and service to support our associates.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for leading projects focused on extracting, merging, analyzing and managing large sets of data across multiple, disparate databases.
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data into formats suitable for modeling.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of and ability to operationalize, leading data technologies and best practices.
- Be responsible for maintaining project plans, clean code, and well-written documentation.
- Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements.
- Make decisions independently on analytical problems and methods.
- Be able to identify and suggest novel areas of future work for themselves or the team.
- Be able to work in a globally distributed team in an Agile/Scrum approach.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of data engineering or other data-intensive development experience.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Java, C/C++ or C#.
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational databases queries using SQL (Oracle, MySQL), etc.
- Experience with Python ORMs like SQLAlchemy and Python libraries like Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Numpy and Scipy.
- Familiarity with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.) and Big Data tools like Spark, Hadoop, EMR, Kafka.
- Familiarity working on Cloud platforms like AWS.
- Knowledge of algorithms and statistics and at least some experience in data mining, machine learning, and/or natural language processing.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to detect and resolve data/analytics quality issues.
Sr Data Engineer-Python