Short DescriptionZS is looking for a Data Science Consultant who has knowledge of big data/ advanced analytics concepts and algorithms text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.
- Developing advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner
- Implementing statistical and data mining techniques e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning, and retrieval processes on a large amount of data to identify trends, figures and other relevant information
- Collaborating with clients and other ZS stakeholders to effectively integrate and communicate analysis findings
- Providing guidance and project management support to the Associates and/or Associate Consultants on the team
- Evaluating emerging datasets and technologies that may contribute to our analytical platform
- Owning the development of select assets/accelerators for efficient scaling of capability
- Contributing to the thought leadership of the firm by helping in researching the evolving topics and publishing them
- Educational background of BE/ BTech / BS (stats), MS Research or Ph.D. in Computer Science (OR Statistics or Business Analytics) from a premier institute.
- Substantial experience in Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of big data/ advanced analytics concepts and algorithms text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.
- Knowledge of programming Java/Python/R
- Exposure to tools/platforms Hadoop ecosystem and DB systems
- Agile project planning and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Domain knowledge/expertise (Healthcare/Travel/Hi-tech/Insurance) is preferred though not mandatory
- The research focused mindset with strong attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills; ability to devise a structure for solving unstructured problems / for conducting exploratory analytics.
- High motivation, good work ethic, and maturity.
Data Science Consultant