Short DescriptionNutanix is hiring for Sr. Data Engineer who has strong experience in SQL and at least one scripting language.
- Provide technical design leadership with the responsibility to ensure the efficient use of resources, the selection of appropriate technology, and the use of appropriate design methodologies.
- Work closely with business/product stakeholders in understanding requirements and translating them to technical requirements.
- Support and enhance data architecture, data instrumentation, define database schema, create ETL pipeline, generate reports etc.
- Define and evangelize data warehouse fundamentals and best practices.
- Work across the organization in optimizing data capture.
- 8+ years of software development experience with several years in hands-on data architecture, data modeling and strategy.
- 5+ years of experience with Data warehouse design, implementation, SQL and python.
- 3+ years of BigData experience is good to have.
- Strong Experience in SQL and at least one Scripting Language.
- Knowledge of data security practices.
- Ability to turn business requirements into DB schema design.
- Ability to work independently and mentor engineers.
- Ability to work directly with external stakeholders to gather requirements and present data-driven solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development processes.
- Ability to work on multiple projects against deadlines.
- Ability to advise on data and application integration best practices and optimize the performance of ETL programs and solutions.
- Master's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Sr Data Engineer