Short DescriptionAmazon is seeking for Software Development Engineer who has knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- 3-8 years of professional experience in software development.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or PERL.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from machine learning, large-scale data platforms, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems design, Android platform, front-end user interfaces, databases etc.
- Bachelor/Masters degree or Bachelors degree with equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of NLU, working understanding sentence segmentation/tokenization, POS tagging, multi-locale support etc.
Software Development Engineer