Short DescriptionUber is seeking for Behavioral Data Scientist who will be expert in statistics including power analyses, parametric, and non-parametric tests.
- Partner with teams across the company to bring a behavioral science perspective to product and program design, content optimization, and product strategy
- Apply statistical methods from behavioral science (see eng.uber.com/mediation-modeling Opens a New Window. )
- Conduct efficient literature reviews to identify relevant behavioral science theories and concepts to apply to a problem space
- Design and conduct experiments
- Ph.D. in Psychology, Marketing, or other quantitative behavioral science
- Expertise in statistics including power analyses, parametric, and non-parametric tests
- Expertise in experiment design and methods, from A/B tests to quasi-experiments
- Expertise in behavioral science theories and concepts applicable to business and product topics
- Fluency in R or Python
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, including collaboration with product management, engineering, data science, and marketing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Expertise in additional statistical methods (e.g., Bayesian approaches, dyadic analysis, causal inference approaches, factor analysis, SEM).
- Experience with SQL and Hive.
Behavioral Data Scientist