Short DescriptionInfosys is seeking Cloud Architect who will be responsible for architecting, designing and developing cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Responsible for architecting, designing and developing cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Provide operational and technical expertise to initiatives for the Big Data analytics platform, data, and applications, addressing a broad range of technologies including Big Data / Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Cassandra, Elastic Search on Linux hosted on Azure or AWS cloud.
- Triage, deep dive and troubleshoot complex issues in the big data analytics applications and infrastructure (on-premise and cloud PAAS services like HDInsight).
- Plan and Upgrade big data application software. Develop, manage and follow operational policies and procedures including documentation and training.
- Hands-on technical leadership and support for customer issues and incidents regarding the big data analytic platforms through to resolution.
- Collaborate with big data and cloud vendors to resolve critical issues, design monitoring & alerting frameworks & performance optimizations.
- Identify opportunities to leverage and train 1st line support to prevent escalations in the future.
- Minimum 8 years' of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 3+ years operating, optimizing and administering big data platforms at scale including Hadoop, HBase, Ambari, Spark, Elastic Search, Kafka, EventHubs on a cloud platform like Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 2+ years of experience with leading operations related to Platform as a Service (PAAS) Cloud platforms like Azure or AWS.,
- Working Experience with Active Directory and Kerberos authentication of Hadoop stack using Apache ranger.
- Working experience with administering and deploying python notebooks using JupyterHub, R Servers, and integration with Spark & Hadoop.
- 3+ years experience with integration, monitoring and alerting tools with big data applications in Azure/AWS.
- Experience with Git/GitHub, Jenkins/Hudson and/or other build and continuous integration systems.
- Hands experience with managing Linux machines hosting big data applications.
- Understanding of architecture of big data solutions like Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Hive etc.
- Experience with Powershell or Azure ARM templates.
- Experience working in a 24x7 SaaS / lights-always-on customer facing environment.
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team, and managing such resources.
- Ability to work in a collaborative working environment as an operational extension of Engineering, fast-paced and with a high rate of change.
- Knowledge of software/data design methods, data structures, and modeling standards.