Short DescriptionGoogle is seeking Big Data and Analytics Cloud Consultant who has experience in systems design, with the ability to architect or explain complex systems interactions including data flows, common interfaces, APIs and methods available.
- Interact with sales/partner leads and technical stakeholders to translate complex customer requirements into recommendations for appropriate solution architectures and consulting services.
- Provide a point of escalation for customer inquiries and serve as the first point of contact to Google for consulting services.
- Work with customer technical leads, client executives and partners to manage and deliver successful migrations to cloud solutions.
- Work closely with practice areas, Product and Engineering to package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership, methodologies and published assets.
- Understand customer needs and help shape Google's long term product strategy. Be an advocate of Google's "product innovation story."
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical or Engineering field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience designing and deploying distributed data processing systems with one or more technologies (MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, HBase, Redis, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, fluent, etc.).
- Experience in architecting, developing or maintaining production-grade cloud solutions in public clouds such as; Google Cloud platform.
- Experience in systems design, with the ability to architect or explain complex systems interactions including data flows, common interfaces, APIs and methods available.
- Experience architecting, developing and/or maintaining production-grade cloud solutions in virtualized environments.
- Ability to work well with a cross-functional, geographically dispersed team and customer base.
- Effective cross-functional project management, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with a focus on translating business requirements into technology solutions.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
Big Data and Analytics Cloud Consultant
It offers services designed for work and productivity (Google Docs, Sheets and Slides), email (Gmail/Inbox), scheduling and time management (Google Calendar), cloud storage (Google Drive), social networking (Google+), instant messaging and video chat (Google Allo/Duo), language translation (Google Translate), mapping and turn-by-turn navigation (Google Maps/Waze), video sharing (YouTube), notetaking (Google Keep), and photo organizing and editing (Google Photos). The company leads the development of the Android mobile operating system, the Google Chrome web browser, and Chrome OS, a lightweight operating system based on the Chrome browser. Google has moved increasingly into hardware; from 2010 to 2015, it partnered with major electronics manufacturers in the production of its Nexus devices, and in October 2016, it released multiple hardware products (including the Google Pixel smartphone, Home smart speaker, Wifi mesh wireless router, and Daydream View virtual reality headset). The new hardware chief, Rick Osterloh, stated: "a lot of the innovation that we want to do now ends up requiring controlling the end-to-end user experience". Google has also experimented with becoming an Internet carrier. In February 2010, it announced Google Fiber, a fiber-optic infrastructure that was installed in Kansas City; in April 2015, it launched Project Fi in the United States, combining Wi-Fi and cellular networks from different providers; and in 2016, it announced the Google Station initiative to make public Wi-Fi around the world, with initial deployment in India.