Short DescriptionExpedia is seeking Director-Technology who has extensive experience with design concepts, development frameworks, and SOA architectures.
- Manage a distributed team of ~50 engineers to design and implement new functionality and improve existing products.
- Be responsible for scheduling and on-time delivery of features throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Ensure that deployed software is scalable and reliable.
- Lead multiple projects, tackle complex and unstructured problems using machine learning techniques and mine Expedia‚??s big data to drive supplier insights.
- Engage with a broad set of partners including Product Management and Data Science to solve business problems and challenges with actionable service strategies, backed by data-driven approach and mindset.
- Performs analysis to define requirements for modification to existing tools, utilities, system structures, environments and provide technical feedback into project scope and estimating activities
- Provide technical solutions and details for all aspects of service design and ensures that resulting design specification fits and continuously improves the technical architectural framework.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards in a DevOps, agile and dynamic environment.
- Mentor junior members of the engineering team, guide development standards and define our application architecture.
- Provide training and career development opportunities for your team.
- Provide timely and appropriate communication to business owners, stakeholders, and users on issue status and resolution.
- Participate in the definition and promotion of engineering best practices within the organization in collaboration with other engineering leaders.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in leading engineering teams combined with a minimum of 8 years of experience as a senior developer.
- Extensive experience with design concepts, development frameworks, and SOA architectures.
- Strong experience with algorithms and data structures, multi-threading, concurrency, caching and scalable/distributed systems.
- Knowledge and experience with agile/iterative and object-oriented methodologies, notations, and processes.
- Experience delivering data insights by querying datasets in a Big Data environment (SQL Server, AWS Aurora, etc) and performing real-time streaming analytics.
- Proven experience leading enterprise scale projects employing machine learning methods, such as regression, neural networks, tree-based methods, etc.
- Ability to independently drive technical investigations and scope efforts to completion.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated maturity, judgment, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- A strong drive and passion to learn about new business models and internet technologies.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical disciplines.
- Software related MS or technical MBA is a plus.
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.