Short DescriptionHike Messenger is hiring for Specialist Engineer-Android who has strong coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the experience for the Android platform.
- Own end-to-end product modules/features (from the requirement to going live).
- Prototype new and redesign features.
- Strong coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK.
- A focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API's.
- Design & code review, troubleshoot & help on issues.
- Minimum 4 years of software programming experience with 2-3 years Java application development, with extensive use of Java I/O,
- Collections, Algorithms, and well-known application frameworks.
- Experience in building Android applications in Java using Android SDK.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development and design patterns.
- Mobile application development experience (Android, J2ME or Blackberry).
- Understanding of large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable.
- Programming experience in Java and related frameworks.
- Knowledge of multithreading and memory management specific to mobile devices and caching mechanisms.
Hike Messenger (stylized as hike M E S S E N G E R) is a cross-platform instant messaging service for smartphones that use the internet for communication. In addition to text messaging, users can send each other graphical stickers, emoticons, images, videos, audios, files, voice messages, contacts and user location.
Hike was launched on 12 December 2012  and raised its first round of funding of $7 million from Bharti SoftBank in April 2013. Hike is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and SoftBank. On 16 August 2016 Hike raised $175 million in a new round of funding led by Tencent & Foxconn. After raising this round Hike Messenger reached the valuation of $1.4 Billion. Hike's founder is Kavin Bharti Mittal.