Short DescriptionUber is looking for Data Scientist who has SQL skills and the ability to use tools such as Python, R to work efficiently at scale with large datasets.
- Leverage data to perform intensive analysis across all areas of our business to drive product development.
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions.
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions.
- Perform time-series analyses, hypothesis testing, and causal analyses to statistically assess the relative impact and extract trends.
- Build models to enhance understanding of user behavior and predict future performance of cohorts.
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate results and monitor key metrics.
- Present findings to senior management to strengthen business decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing.
- MS or Ph.D. in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or another quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus).
- SQL skills and the ability to use tools such as Python, R to work efficiently at scale with large datasets.
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods.
- Experience developing and deploying models and machine learning algorithms at scale.
- Working knowledge of big data technology (Spark, Presto, Hive) is a strong plus.
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner.
- Superb communication and organization skills.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Passionate about Uber.