Short DescriptionBookMyShow is seeking for MySQL Database Administrator who has experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Manage various databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user's specialized role.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in the appropriate format, and in a timely manner.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Minimize database downtime and managing parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to the team.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- 2 - 5 years MongoDB / MySQL Administration experience required.
- Proven working experience as a Database administrator.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores, and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Experience working with Windows server and Linux OS.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools.
- Familiarity with programming languages API.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to think algorithmically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Flexible, team player, get-it-done personality.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Candidates from Mumbai would be preferred.
MySQL Database Administrator
The best in cinema often trace their roots to theatre. We at BookMyShow have had a long tradition in supporting the theatrical arts. By selling tickets for plays and stand-up acts, we have sought to bring culture closer to the masses. In the grand scheme of things, we feel that there is nothing like watching the curtain go and watching the show. After all, the show must go on...
We are cricket-crazy nation. So what better way to get sports to the masses, than to sell tickets for different sports on BookMyShow. From football and cricket to tennis and kabbadi to marathons and many more, we have been proud to support sports. We believe in the spirit of camaraderie and excellence.
We are special in the way we provide innovative e-ticketing products/solutions and superb customer service with ease to make our user's experience surprisingly simple, fast and pain free.