Short DescriptionExpedia is seeking for Senior Technology Lead - Bigdata who has hands-on experience using big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Teradata, etc.
- You will mentor, lead the design, analysis, development, and deployment efforts for multiple enterprise application projects to solve complex business problems.
- You'll lead the architecture and building of scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies for a varied technical stack including Java, Python, Hive, Chef, etc.
- You'll support and follow the Expedia Software Development Lifecycle
- You will collaborate with Developers, Program Managers, Testers and Production Support Engineers in an agile development environment
- You'll improve the enterprise systems by integrating existing solutions and building new technologies.
- You will advocate for and champion quality coding and standard methodologies.
- Take an active part in all staff development strategies to continually improve and strengthen the teams.
- 7 - 9+ years of experience in Java development.
- 2+ years in leading technical designs and implementation of high volume and scalable web services.
- 2+ years in mentoring developers and helping drive engineering maturity.
- Hands-on experience using big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Teradata, etc.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
- Strong knowledge of TDD, Continuous Integration and other Agile development techniques.
- You have worked in the Cloud computing arena and have professional exposure to the Amazon Web Services offerings.
- A passion for solving complex software engineering puzzles in a dynamic environment.
- Deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience building highly available systems.
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Familiarity with Spring Framework, MVC, REST web services, etc.
- Experience using Linux for production applications.
- Experience using git in a shared setting.
- Contributions to open source projects.
Senior Technology Lead-Bigdata
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.