Short DescriptionGoogle is looking for Technical Machine Learning Manager who will understand the existing machine learning (ML) tools, platforms, and strategies that are being developed and used at Google and beyond.
- Work with the global program managers and engineering teams to develop and deliver next-stage operations tooling solutions through strategy and requirements building, prioritization, and technical development and leadership.
- Understand the existing machine learning (ML) tools, platforms, and strategies that are being developed and used at Google and beyond.
- Work closely with Technical Program Managers and business analysts across the organization to initiate, develop, and deploy an ML tools platform - including ownership of ongoing development and improvement of this platform.
- Advocate your strategic vision with Geo leadership, Program Managers, and Engineers to align these tools with Geo's broader, longer-term goals.
- Lead the knowledge dissemination and adoption of advanced tool solutions to a variety of clients and drive changes based on their feedback. Support other tools in our toolkit via Engineering/Operations advocacy, intermediate technical troubleshooting, and prioritization, and thought leadership.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience managing highly-complex, technically-challenging projects involving globally dispersed teams.
- 5 years of work or educational experience in developing Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence tools and solutions.
- Experience leading the successful adoption and continuous improvement of advanced tool solutions at the cross-functional and client level.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Ability to learn new business and technical skills quickly and to adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to define projects and execute within timelines and with multiple stakeholders. Proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally, including the technical judgment to influence engineers.
- Logical thinking, independent decision making, problem-solving skills, and the ability to make trade-offs
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Technical Machine Learning Manager
It offers services designed for work and productivity (Google Docs, Sheets and Slides), email (Gmail/Inbox), scheduling and time management (Google Calendar), cloud storage (Google Drive), social networking (Google+), instant messaging and video chat (Google Allo/Duo), language translation (Google Translate), mapping and turn-by-turn navigation (Google Maps/Waze), video sharing (YouTube), notetaking (Google Keep), and photo organizing and editing (Google Photos). The company leads the development of the Android mobile operating system, the Google Chrome web browser, and Chrome OS, a lightweight operating system based on the Chrome browser. Google has moved increasingly into hardware; from 2010 to 2015, it partnered with major electronics manufacturers in the production of its Nexus devices, and in October 2016, it released multiple hardware products (including the Google Pixel smartphone, Home smart speaker, Wifi mesh wireless router, and Daydream View virtual reality headset). The new hardware chief, Rick Osterloh, stated: "a lot of the innovation that we want to do now ends up requiring controlling the end-to-end user experience". Google has also experimented with becoming an Internet carrier. In February 2010, it announced Google Fiber, a fiber-optic infrastructure that was installed in Kansas City; in April 2015, it launched Project Fi in the United States, combining Wi-Fi and cellular networks from different providers; and in 2016, it announced the Google Station initiative to make public Wi-Fi around the world, with initial deployment in India.