Short DescriptionGartner is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who utilizes an advanced understanding of multiple data structures, sources, and tools to guide business partners in the development of self-service analytics, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection.
- Utilize an advanced understanding of multiple data structures, sources, and tools to guide business partners in the development of self-service analytics, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection.
- Engage in cross-team collaboration with multiple business units, and with individuals with varying levels of analytical experience within those business units.
- Collaborate with business users to help develop reports, while mentoring to drive self-service moving forward.
- Help our business users learn to self-serve for their analytics and reporting needs, primarily leveraging Power BI.
- Ensure proper BI standards, policies and procedures are followed.
- Create usage reports and monitor usage for self-service analytics platforms and resources.
- Research and validate data models leveraged by self-service users.
- Interview with internal business clients to obtain new analytic requirements and communicate the required data model enhancements to IT.
- Deliver all assignment work within quality standards and on time, often within tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree is required; Masters or advanced degree a plus.
- Industry knowledge of BI landscape and latest emerging tools supporting descriptive to perspective analytics.
- Strong analytics skills and experience in Power Business Intelligence other tools nice to have.
- Familiarity with DAX, Power Query (M) and SQL.
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge, such as mentoring or training.
- Ability to work in global, cross-functional virtual teams.
- Strong communication skills to ensure satisfaction of Gartner associates requesting support.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time.
- A professional with at least 2 years of work experience as a Business Analyst.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups and mentoring others.
- Enthusiastic about learning and sharing new techniques.
- Self-motivated and able to independently complete assignments with little to no oversight, as well as leverage resources when applicable.
- Teachable and able to embrace best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenge.
Business Intelligence Analyst