Short DescriptionMSCI is seeking a DevOps Analyst to provide production support of client data ETL processes. The DevOps Analyst fills a key role on MSCI's Client Data Operations team sharing responsibility for ensuring that the custodian and client provided data used by our clients is complete, accurate and timely.
- Follow operational work instructions of various data loading and extraction processes and execute the steps, ensure that the tasks are completed by looking at the results and logs.
- Monitor daily and monthly data arrival and escalate any delays to internal teams and data providers.
- Monitor the automated ETL processes, escalate issues, if any, to internal teams and clients.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of custodial data by maintaining existing data feeds.
- Working alongside other members of the technology team including developers, analysts and operations within a hybrid agile planning framework.
- Windows operating system, basic network knowledge, FTP protocols
- Quality of Work, specifically: high level of attention to granular details; ability to work on an issue independently and on a timely manner to meet daily delivery deadlines.
- Problem solving skills, specifically: the ability to select, organize and analyse pertinent information in formulating options and recommending solutions.
- Planning and Organization skills, specifically: documenting and simplifying complex tasks; and orchestrating multiple projects at one time.
- Communication skills, specifically: organized, concise, and clear speaking and writing styles; and awareness of how to leverage the communication method and tone appropriate to the context.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution
- SQL knowledge is a plus
- Scripting is a plus