Short DescriptionSpotify is hiring Research Director-Machine Learning who have hands on experience in research field and responsible for creating, building and driving the Tech Research function within the office.
- Responsible for creating, building and driving the Tech Research function within the New York office.
- Define research cluster around fundamental and applied ML research with academic and business impact.
- Work closely with product teams to in order to drive maximum product enhancements through the use of research.
- Lead labs effort towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying and accomplishing intermediate milestones.
- Hire, mentor and manage a world class research group of senior technical research scientists with contributions to the external research community
- Ensure strong relations with academic labs.
- Act as an R&D Team Lead for the New York Office.
- 10+ years of postdoctoral industry or academic experience.
- Experience mentoring and leading a group of applied research scientists.
- Strong research track record focused on:
- Foundation machine learning: supervised & unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning, deep learning, representation learning, optimization, causal inference & counterfactual reasoning.
- Applied machine learning in areas such as information retrieval, recommendation, computational advertising, and natural language processing.
- Large scale experimentation: experimental design, adaptive experimentation methods (such as bandit optimization and reinforcement learning), contextual decision-making, automated A/B testing.
- Extensive publication record at peer-reviewed ML conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, AISTATS, UAI, COLT, ICLR, AAAI, etc) as well conferences with applied ML (e.g. KDD, WSDM, WWW, CIKM, RecSys, etc).
- Experience working in multidisciplinary, collaborative environments.
- Experience working closely with product teams in a leadership role.
- Desire to recruit from people with diverse backgrounds or experiences.
Research Director-Machine Learning