Short DescriptionExpedia is hiring a Software Development Engineer- Big Data who has Solid experience in object-oriented programming, especially Java or Scala, design patterns, etc.
- Design and build high scale, real-time and batch data processing pipelines.
- Be a part of our development team and actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, testing and roll-out, and support.
- Solve complex business problems by utilizing disciplined development methodology, producing scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies
- 6+ years of experience developing solid code in java or python, with a BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Software development experience in big data technologies Hadoop, Hive, Spark.
- Software development experience in real-time distributed computing with Storm, Kafka.
- Solid experience in object-oriented programming, especially Java or Scala, design patterns, etc.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
- Familiarity with SQL-based databases (Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with distributed systems and computing at scale.
Software Development Engineer- Big Data
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.