Short DescriptionOracle is seeking a Software Developer who can maintain standard Internet services, such as DNS, HTTP, etc.
- Technical Lead â?? You will be the technical lead for the team. An ability to lead the team, and mentor other engineers, in cloud-native technology, software development, architecture and design patterns, and help drive decision making regarding technology use, are a critical part of this role.
- Service Ownership â?? You will be part of the team whose mission it is to develop cloud native continuous delivery and instrumentation services at scale in support of our ever-growing portfolio of SaaS applications.
- Cloud Architecture â?? As the Oracle Cloud evolves; you will partner across the organization in helping design and implement improvements that modernize our applications and take our SaaS services to the next level of scale and resilience. You will be an expert at articulating technical characteristics of your services and the dependencies between services and guide application development teams in their design and development of cloud-native applications and services.
- Reliability Engineering â?? You will understand and be able to communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes and requirements of the services you own and for partner and customer teams downstream. You are a subject matter expert in cloud architecture and patterns:
- degradation and behavior under load of the services and their dependencies
- end-to-end tuning needs, optimizing resource utilization, as load patterns fluctuate
- Instrumentation and metrics that clearly describe the service behaviors
- scaling requirements and patterns
- resiliency and recoverability, ensuring that backup/restore and disaster recovery capabilities are implemented, tested and maintained
- Automation â?? You will have a clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles, and will be eager to automate, wherever and whenever the possibility arises, while simultaneously eliminating technical debt. Automation must be part of your DNA.
- Technical Experts - As a service owner, you are the ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented. You will usually get called in during major incidents as an SME, when the source of a problem is unclear. You will have the deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations.
- Broad Interests â?? Cloud Engineers are a rare mix of infrastructure, distributed systems and software engineering. They have the ability to understand and explain the effect of product architecture decisions on the ability to run as distributed systems. They are driven by professional curiosity and a desire to develop deep understanding of their services and the technologies they depend upon.
- Scrum, XP, Lean and other agile practices and methodologies
- Data modeling, OO modeling, component level and system level architecture
- REST, JSON, XML as well as other common standards, data structures and protocols commonly used in creating internet and cloud services
- Cloud Compute, Networking, and Storage
- Golang (required)
- Python, C/C++, Java, or C# (at least 1)
- Linux and/or Windows systems internals, virtualization, networking and core cloud concepts
- Networking and TCP/IP Fundamentals
- Standard Internet services, such as DNS, HTTP, etc.
- Continuous Delivery platforms, including Spinnaker
- Cloud architecture patterns
- Internet / Cloud Security and compliance
- 5+ year experience of running large scale customer facing web services
- CI/CD and DevSecOps practices within the SDLC
- Most importantly, the aptitude to be a good team player and the willingness to learn and implement new Cloud technologies as needed