Short DescriptionExpedia is looking for a Software Development Engineer who has Strong communication skills. You articulate your ideas to peers and leaders, providing details and understanding of your approach. You keep solid documentation
- Be a part of our development team and actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, testing and roll-out, and support.
- Solve complex business problems by utilizing disciplined development methodology, producing scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies
- Teach and mentor junior developers in project implementation methodology
- A self-starter who is consistently looking to innovate and find ways to enhance our customer's experience, with the ability to own epics from end to end.
- Strong technical proficiency, capable of problem-solving and applying critical thinking. A deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, and data structures.
- Elegant technical designs are part of your DNA.
- Strong coding skills in Java
- Strong communication skills. You articulate your ideas to peers and leaders, providing details and understanding of your approach. You keep solid documentation.
- Proven ability to collaborate among peers, leaders and across functions and business groups. You enjoy and take pride in the work of the team.
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Prior experience working with distributed systems, microservices, spring
- Excellent design skills (HLD and LLD)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- 4+ years Software Development work experience (proficiency in Java)
Software Development Engineer
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.