Short DescriptionPayPal is looking for a Technical Architect who can promote technical best practices, industry standards and architectural concepts with engineering teams.
- Work with the development and data science team to design scalable data-driven analytical solutions and infrastructures, including technical feasibility and proposal development for Big Data storage, processing, and consumption
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts to evaluate new technologies and frameworks
- Promote technical best practices, industry standards and architectural concepts with engineering teams
- Provide profiling and optimization guidance and tuning tips and tricks
- Work with global technology partners to help drive Hadoop maturation, governance across PayPal.
- At least 3 years experience in large scale, production, server-side development on the JVM
- At least 3 years of experience working with Big Data technologies such as
- Hadoop / Spark / Hive / Kafka / HBase / Elastic Search stack / Cassandra - very significant advantage
- A passion for architecture and for developing robust, scalable software systems
- Experience in working in both dispersed and global environments
- Ability to push ideas and influence decision making in a collaborative manner
- Technology geek ‚?? very significant advantage
- Performance profiling and tuning of both application and storage layers ‚?? a significant advantage
- Hands-on experience in DevOps practices ‚?? a significant advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Highly motivated, goal-driven, Can-do approach, curious and open-minded
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, ability to multi-task
- Fun to work with