Who You'll Work With
At Lenovo, we manufacture one of the world's widest portfolios of connected products, including PCs (ThinkPad, Yoga, Lenovo Legion), tablets, smartphones and workstations as well as augmented and virtual reality (Mirage, ThinkReality) and smart home/office solutions, software and services. Lenovo's data center solutions (ThinkSystem, ThinkAgile) are creating the capacity and computing power for the connections that are changing business and society.
We are hiring a Sr. Server System Engineer to work in Lenovo's Data Center Group (DCG). DCG is innovating the future-defined data center, today. From the simplest to the most complex IT environments for all types of workloads, our servers, storage, networking, and solutions help maximize the potential of data centers.
What You'll Do
- Stay abreast of Intel x86, AMD, Nvidia, FPGA, and ARM-based technology roadmaps and understand how this technology can drive future datacenter architecture for industry and worldwide top public cloud customers
- Work closely with customer engineering teams and Lenovo sales and marketing teams to extract customer requirements
- Create specifications and collateral that define the next generation hyper-scale platforms
- Lead engagement with suppliers and partners of hardware building blocks such as storage devices, network controllers, FPGAs, and other emerging technology hardware devices
- Own end-to-end product delivery from pre-concept to launch of platforms
- Undergraduate BSEE or BSCE degree required
- Must have 10 years or more work experience in server and hardware development
- Experience in direct customer engagements is required
A Master's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering is a plus.
Ability to understand customer requirements; interpret these requirements and convert them into a competitive Hyperscale platform portfolio
Deep knowledge of X86 Intel server architecture
Knowledge of design elements of OCP (Open Compute Project) based HW is a plus
Cross-discipline understanding of engineering that cover Thermal, Mechanical, Power, Power Management, and TCO of the Datacenter
Proficiency with Linux server operating systems
Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
Ability to interface with Lenovo and customer executives
Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead teams and have the autonomy to make decisions
Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
Ability to work effectively cross-culturally across teams in the US and Asia