Short DescriptionPayPal is looking for a software engineer Identify any product/functionality gaps and collaborate internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery.
- Be able to independently design, code and test complex features, as well as lead and mentor other engineers, help build engineering teams
- Drive both technology and product innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Be a technical subject matter expert and represent the full internal and external capabilities of the platform.
- Lead complex architectural discussions that involve multiple systems
- Identify any product/functionality gaps and collaborate internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery.
- Drive integration efforts and lead critical workstreams of strategic initiatives sponsored by senior executives
- Drive engineering excellence through CI/CD
- Pro-active response in identifying and troubleshooting integration or technical issues.
- 2-4 years of experience developing front-end and full-stack applications
- Experience with web front end technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Webpack, LESS, Bootstrap.
- Deep understanding of and extensive experience applying advanced object-oriented design and development principles and familiar with Java
- Experience collaborating with business users to define the key business requirements and translate them into process/technical solutions.
- Experience in applying software design patterns.
- Experience with unit testing and tools.
- Experience using industry-standard software development tools (IDE / Version Control / Continuous Integration).
- Expertise in online payments and related domains is a plus.
- Appetite to learn and comfort with uncertainties
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new product flows and software technologies.
- Strong analytical, research, problem-solving and evaluative thinking skills.
- Acute attention to detail and well-developed organization and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills - including ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization.
- Team-oriented approach ‚?? can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, complex, fast-paced organization; ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.