Short DescriptionAmerican Express is hiring a Business Analyst who can maintain internal control / operational risk competency through ongoing training and professional development.
- Proactively anticipate/identify issues, and control deficiencies, through testing, call monitoring and processes monitoring, assessing the impact of each, and work with business partners to develop and implement appropriate mitigating actions.
- Deliver periodically and ad hoc reporting against key business testing and monitoring to support management's awareness and response to control improvements.
- Ensure compliance with the Operational Risk Governance Group, Operational Excellence, and American Express Compliance standards with respect to documentation, testing, and certification of GCS business monitoring and testing.
- Monitor activities to meet deadlines and commitments relative to monitoring end to end process, risk assessment, program documentation, testing plan, reporting, and action plans.
- Partner closely with key control teams including, but not limited to: Operational Risk, Compliance, and Internal Audit, both within the lines of business and across the organization, to promote a well-controlled environment.
- Maintain internal control / operational risk competency through ongoing training and professional development.
- Undertake regular project work analyzing business risks and exposures. Preparation of recommendations to business management with regards to process improvement, best practices, risk reduction and maximization of revenue as appropriate.
- Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and act decisively.
- A creative mind that is not afraid of thinking differently to solve complex problems that have regulatory or compliance requirements.
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness in ensuring that we are delivering on our customer promise.
- Effectively works independently within a team construct, while supporting teamwork and achievement of team objectives.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all levels across the organization including business and control partner leadership.
- Solid evidence of leadership with the capacity to quickly understand critical linkages and business strategies in a dynamic, ambiguous environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills coupled with solid presentation skills. This includes the ability to take analyze large sets of data concisely and convey messages to leadership and peers. In addition, strong knowledge to build reports, dashboards and metric reporting is desired.
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational and follow-through skills