Short DescriptionGartner is hiring a Sr Software Engineer who has experience processing large amounts of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Establish methodologies for quickly rolling out new data analysis capabilities for standalone data-driven tools and assets.
- Have end-to-end ownership to develop tools focused on extracting, merging, analyzing and managing large sets of data across multiple, disparate databases
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data into formats suitable for modeling
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of and ability to operationalize, leading data technologies and best practices
- Be responsible for maintaining project plans, clean code, and well-written documentation
- Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements
- Contribute with relevant insights to drive decisions on analytical problems
- Be able to innovate and showcase new approaches to improve efficiency
- Be able to work in a globally distributed team in an Agile/Scrum approach
- Graduate or Post Graduate in technology from a reputed Institute having 3 - 6 years' experience in BI domain with a focus on Visualization and ETL
- Advance knowledge working on visualization tools like Tableau.
- Advance knowledge of Python programming language
- Experience processing large amounts of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational database queries using SQL (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres), etc.
- Experience with Python ORMs like SQL Alchemy and Python libraries like Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Numpy, NLTK, and Scipy
- Knowledge of integration and web services technologies (HTTP, SOAP, REST, XML, JSON)
- Familiarity working on Cloud platforms like AWS.
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus
- Exposure to NLP and ML platforms is a plus
- Exposure to D3.js would be a plus
- Familiarity and keeping pace with the latest trends and technologies in Visualization
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audience's
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new technologies/ideas and master concepts rapidly.
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and keeping up with new trends
- Delivering project work on-time within budget with high quality
Sr Software Engineer