Short DescriptionNutanix is looking for a Software Engineer who can work on the maintenance and execution of the test cases from the JITA (internal continuous build server).
- Work closely with the product management team to understand user needs and investigate customer use cases for the Nutanix Distributed filesystem software (Core Data Path) features on Cloud instances.
- Design test strategies, develop test cases based on different customer use cases and work closely with developers to understand the Nutanix product features.
- Work on the maintenance and execution of the test cases from the JITA (internal continuous build server).
- Automate test cases for scalability testing.
- Build telemetry or validators which can identify bottlenecks in the stack quicker.
- Execute automated and manual tests during product testing phases to fix all bugs in assigned area(s), including extending the existing framework and adding new core libraries to test the new features introduced by Nutanix; and automating the test cases to test the storage stack.
- Perform regression testing, document the newly-identified test scenarios, and perform exploratory testing to identify further bugs.
- Work closely with the Development Team to detect and analyze the root of each failure. File defects and track them to closure
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Networks.
- 4+ years of experience
- Excellent knowledge in Networked Storage Systems or related fields with at least three-year experience.
- Academic introduction to concepts like Database management systems, Operating System and Computer algorithms.
- Must have the following experience.
- Experience in software testing (test case development, unit tests, test automation frameworks, test tools)
- Experience in testing one of the following: file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, networking; systems administration
- Experience in Unix or Linux. Proficiency in a scripting language like Perl, Python Experience in developing software using object-oriented programming like C#, Java