Short DescriptionUBER is looking for a Data Scientist who can build production-grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize marketing performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques.
- Build production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize marketing performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques.
- Leverage models to address key growth challenges such as cross-channel spend allocation, response modeling, advertising partner quality measurement, customized content recommendation, and ad serving.
- Build models to derive insights from current Uber's customers to improve communications, retention, engagement, LTV and develop methods for efficient targeting for prospecting customers at scale.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and deploy models and enhance analytical solutions by providing data-driven recommendations.
- Leverage large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber's proprietary machine learning platform, and more.
- Collaborate with marketing and finance leadership, design, product, and engineering teams. Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, stakeholder meetings, data prioritization meetings, etc.
- Translate data-driven learnings into actionable insights.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a data scientist at a company with global operations
- Expertise with R and Python
- Experience with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, time series, econometrics, mathematical optimization).
- Advanced SQL skills - comfortable working with very large data sets.
- Experience with big data using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark a plus.
- Previous experience in advertising tech is a plus
- Great communication skills, organized, able to multitask and be a team player
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution