- You will be a part of our development team and actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, testing and roll-out, and support.
- You will solve complex business problems by utilizing disciplined development methodology, producing scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies
- You will provide quality implementation and testing of a component or feature with peer and manager support
- You will drive technical implementation at the application/product level for a small project
- You will provide improvements to solutions for a given problem
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from peers or managers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure with help from peers or managers.
- Collaborate with and learn from all members of technical staff
- Graduation date of December 2018 through June 2020
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and OOP concepts
- Experience in agile/Scrum software development practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience developing and supporting e-commerce systems and conducting A/B testing scenarios is a plus
- Prior internship, related projects or leadership experience
- 3.0 or above minimum cumulative G.P.A
- Travel industry and/or e-commerce experience is a plus
Software Development Engineer
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.